I am SO thankful once again that Sylvin's home. Last year SUCKED without him or being home with family and friends. I didn't even celebrate. Me and the girls were invited over to the neighbors and only stayed maybe a half hour. Long enough to load up my plate say hello and not appear too rude cause I was leaving so fast. I just wasn't in the mood. This year already has a different vibe.
I posted a video of the girls outside one afternoon this week. They love the little car I got at the Airmens attic up at AFB (Andersen). They have a "all hands" day every other Friday which means, I can get in. It's a thrift store and everything in there is FREE! One of the best kept secrets on the island. Anyway the very first time I went up there I saw this car and snagged it. Little did I know the front wheels were about ready to fall off it. So Sylvin, the genius that he is, came up with the big caster wheel in the middle solution. The girls couldn't be happier. They used to get so frustrated cause the poor car wouldn't go forward no matter how much they'd push and shoved. Now ......well, it'll go forward and do a complete 360! They fight over who drives most of the time. Today was Eve's lucky day. They're the same way at the grocery store. OH! Which reminds me. Sy one day kept saying "Go See Saw" over and over and then would say it again on occasion days following. I couldn't figure it out until I came back from the commisary one day and she said it again. I little light went off! OH!!!!!!! "Go See Saw" is actually "Grocery Store"! You gotta love the Elmer Fudd accent.
Peace, love and respect to you all
XO XO XO XO
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures
Friday, November 21, 2008
Gearing up for Turkey Day & Future Drivers
Posted by Dani at 2:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Don't you love that they have their own language - sometimes it takes a good hour for me to figure out what Abby is saying!
Glad your dh is home for Thanksgiving! Mine is too this year!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment