This is the flag the flies atop of the SEQUOIA........
I had gotten up early this morning to meet Mehan and Janade for a morning walk. I had actually rolled out of bed at the crack of dawn!....ME!? Who knew? Anyway, I was feeling quite proud of myself and delighting in the silence of the morning without the girls stirring yet. I went to open my window blinds when I spotted children and moms walking to school. Much to my dismay they were like magnets being drawn in one direction and all moving at a pretty brisk pace. I stood watching them a few minutes when I noticed everyone stopped abruptly. Everyone stood still, not flinching with their hands over their hearts. Could it be that I'm up early enough to partake in the raising of colors!? I opened my window to see if I could hear an announcement. There are loud speakers strategically placed around housing so you can hear "Mr. Bigmouth" is what we call him. Low and behold the Star Spangled Banner was playing and I got goosebumps. I love being here and having the privelidge to witness hearing that song and knowing across the whole island wherever there was a flag to be raised, they were raising it on all the military bases. Not all simutanousely of course, but in succession I'm sure. I'm so fortunate and grateful for my freedom, that God made me an American and I found the love of my life not only serving God, but the nation as well. My children will hopefully grow up and feel the same sense of pride when they see a flag or hear our nations' anthems. It was a bright and beautiful warm morning, I had a good walk with my girls and friends. I'm thankful today that God has blessed my life with contentment and bestowed his grace upon me and my family. I hope the same for you this week. I hope you find something that moves you so deeply you'll stop to reflect all that's good in your life. Bedtime kisses from two precious souls are always good, but I guess I needed something a little out of our normal routine to truely apprciate them again. Life is beautifully short and God is GOOD!
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Raising Colors
Posted by Dani at 2:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment