I didn't take these, I pirated them off the internet, but we did dive this site today. It was amazing! That's why I had to post some pictures at least. It was a rough start this morning. Supposed to have started at 0900 and of course that didn't happen. Mehan and Joe were late, however in her defense, she called to tell me but I must have been in the shower shaving my legs when the phone rang! Oh well...45 mins later we found the keys into the marina, then keys to the boat. (sidenote; Mehan works at the marina on base and has access to the boats the days the marina is closed! bonus for working there cause it didn't cost us anything.) Well, all our gear was in the boat, we were in the boat and Mehan was coming down to get in, she went and handed me her keys to get in and I safely grabbed,....one set...second set and.....t//hi...r..d...plop!!!! Third set wasn't so lucky! For some reason she handed them all to me at once, over the water before getting in and I didn't drop the marina keys or the boat key, it was her house and car keys! I felt like such a backside. Thank God we had scuba gear! It took a while, but Mehan finally recovered her keys from the murky no visibility depths by sheer luck and alot of prayer alone. So now we're off almost 2 hours behind schedule, but we went and got out there. We were down about a half hour and it was amazing.
This is one of the many ladders leading down to the depths of the unknown.
This wreck is actually of a 100m long concrete barge that was sunk by the Americans at the end of WW2 in Apra Harbour to help build a breakwater. During the war, a number of these barges were loaded with suppies and towed from Honolulu to Guam.A view from inside the pilothouse looking out. Everything was very well preserved over all these years!
a photo of the bottom of a boston whaler. Same view we had coming up today from the tanker. Life is SWEET! hope you all had as good a Monday as I did. Love and miss you all.

1 comments:
That is so cool!! I wish I knew how to dive!! That is always something that has intrigued me.
Love ya,
Jacquie
Post a Comment