CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Gab Gab Beach

Gab Gab Beach
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com

Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Still alive and kicking!


Well, I've revived my flip video camera. I thought I had broke it somehow, but better than that erased software. Well, I plugged it into the computer and the software updated itself so that it was 'compatable' so now I'm back in business. I've missed sharing the videos with you all. (insert opportunity to brag here______...they're so stinking cute!) The video above is of them drinking the peach juice out of the can. The peaches come in 100% juice, so it's pretty sour. They're always licking their trays, so I thought I'd help em out and put it all in their sippy cups. You can see it went over like a lead balloon.
Here's another from when Sylvin was still home. We were headed for bed. The video below was after their bath one night. Sylvin and I could hear their tummies slushing around from being so full. You could actually hear it from far away, so that's why I tried to catch it on video. Don't think you can hear it though, not like we did anyway.

All is well here. I believe the girls have sprouted again over night. Their feet seem to be getting bigger and they're both reaching things further back on counters and higherup than before. I haven't checked, I'll do that again in a week or so. We've got a little wall with their little tick marks on it to keep track while Papi is gone.
Speaking of Sylvin, he's good too. Busy, but that's good for him! He HASN'T sent ANY pictures yet, so once he does, I'll see if I can post them here. We all miss one another terribly, but we'll make it. One month down, who knows how many more stil. Keep your prayers up and maybe he'll make it home on time?!
Hope you enjoyed the videos....
I'll try to get back here to update you all soon. Sooner than last time, promise. Smooches from us all to all of you!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi, you just left a comment on my blog and let me just say, your girls are gorgeous! I thought they were bio until I read the A word (LOL). Where are they from?

Lovely family and you are a lucky mama! :)

Dani said...

Hello Cindy,
Thanks for stopping by and for the kind comments. They were born in Lousiana, but our heart as a family lies in the Caribbean. Lots of reggae, good food and soulfoul people.