Here we are...the Three Musketeers on the 4th of July. We met my girlfriend and her daughter, Mehan and Kelsey down at the marina/diveshop here on base. It has a covered open aired little restaraunt on top and that's where we watched the fireworks. No crowd, front row seats and it wasn't too loud. Loud enough that it still freaked the girls out...Here's Eve holding on to Kelsey
We had fun, it took a few minutes for the girls to calm down once the fireworks were over...they kept looking for them to start again. They're so cute. I know I say that everytime, but I can't help it.
(notice the coconut tree in the foreground,...ah, beatiful Guam...)
Sylvin got to Japan alright. We've downloaded Skype and have been able to talk to one another for free and to send streaming video as well. So the girls have enjoyed that. He usually comes on when the girls have gone to bed, so I take the computer back there and they're usually bouncing around still so I let them bounce around and kiss Papi on the computer screen. The first time we stopped the call/video the girls were mad! They both threw fits and were crying. They don't anymore, but they look at the computer funny like "hey where'd he go?"
We've signed up for a flight to Japan, it's getting closer by the day! I heard there was a 1000 yen store = which means everything in there is a dollar....that's like 5 stories tall! A few have said their dollar stores blow our away. I'm stoked. REAL shopping! YIPPEE! Not really exciting about all the traveling we're going to have to do to get there but a small FREE hurdle, so I can't complain too loudly.
I finally started by diving certification classes. I'll be legal by the beginning of next week! I'll have 4 open water dives under my belt by Monday next week. I can't wait to get in the water. I've seen pictures and videos of the aquatic life here and I'm so anxious to see it for myself. They have giant mantas right here in Guam (on occasion) but you don't have to go to Yap to see them if you're lucky. All the better when we go to Australia, I'll be ready to dive the Great Barrier Reef!
I'm so fortunate. I NEVER thought in my wildest wildest daydream that I'd be living here expierencing all this. Not to mention the education I invested in would take me where it has...........little did I know how much that little piece of paper saying I was a nurse would change my life THIS much!
And on that note, I have to sing my bestest friend in the worlds accomplishments! Jacquie graduated from IBC with a degree in Medical Coding/billing and Transcription just this past week. I'm so proud of her. So if you see her wish her a huge congratulations. She worked so hard and graduated with practically a 4.0 average.
That's all there is to tell for now. Love and miss you all. We all do and thanks for stopping by.
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Happy Birthday America!
Posted by Dani at 4:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm glad to see you in a picture for a change! You look great. Speaking of 4th of July and Jacquie; Me, Deb, Bunk and Jacquie celebrated the 4th together on top of a parking garage watching fireworks downtown. We had a fun time. Congrats to Jacquie on graduating and congrats to you. It IS amazing where a little piece of paper can take you!
James
Post a Comment