CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Gab Gab Beach

Gab Gab Beach
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com

Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Secret of a Happy Marriage


Sylvin's been out and then back alot lately. {I didn't want to say in and out ;-)} They have a very unpredictable schedule right now, but hopefully we'll get it nailed down soon. So it's been nice and bittersweet all at the same time having him home and then gone. It gives us a break to miss one another and 'honeymoon' when he gets home. The girls have noticed when he's gone and they've been talking quite a bit about it. They say "Papi at work, Papi on the boat, Papi sleeping on the boat and Papi on the boat out in the waves on the ocean"
He came home Sunday night, had Monday off and the girls were really excited to go and pick him up.
Me and my girlfriends went up to Andersen AFB yesterday to go shopping and look around. It was a nice time. On the way back, Marine Corp Drive runs right along the ocean side and we noticed how big the waves were. SO I told Sylvin when I got home and we all piled in the car to go back out to Asan beach and watch the waves. I'm not kidding they were HUGE! Way bigger than the last one's I wrote about. Sylvin said they were an easy 15 feet high!

There's a video above, but it doesn't show the magnitude or the power behind these waves. I couldn't even imagine a Tsunami. It was an amazing show! At one point I was even standing quite a ways from the beach and a few waves crashed on past the top of the sand and came rushing in. It almost knocked me over. The waves/tide had come in so far that it was floating rocks from the beach onto the edge of the parking lot. The girls were afraid the closer we got to them, they got alot better once we moved back across the parking lot to the grassy area of the park. That's where these were taken.

First one is me and Sy, second, me and Eve

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those waves ARE huge! Speaking of huge, tell Sylvan his missle is too green for me. Have him call me when it turns yellow! Lol! ;-)
Love Jim (and Debbie too)