CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Gab Gab Beach

Gab Gab Beach
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com

Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Alot going on with this one!

The speech evaluation was done today. The therapist said the girls were fine. A little delayed, but they're within the scope, so she wasn't concerned. She gave me some tips and strategies to help with their articulation and speech. The girls finally warmed up to her and she actually said their vocabulary was good. Looks like they're good for now. Hopefully ballet and we're planning on using the child developement center here on base to drop them off every now and then. Maybe they'll get over their shyness and being around other kids their age will be good for them. What a relief.




(Sy's in front, Eve in back)
They were bumrushin me and begging me for a "big one". They push my head to one side and I play/act like I'm sleeping complete with snoring. I'll occasionally let out a big loud snore and they scream/giggle every time I do. It's cute.


Well, the girls were supposed to start ballet lessons today, but their instructor was in the hospital over the weekened, released today. So we're starting next week instead. Here's some pictures of the girls in their dance outfits. (Sy's in black and Eve's in pink)


Oh! This one is my man!...in his custom leather motorcycle drag racing suit from the early 90's! He thought he could fit in it, I said he couldn't. Guess who won? He made me dinner last night! hahahaha.

3 comments:

Lisa F said...

Glad your girls are ok with the evaluation - that's hard to deal with as a mom! I'm sure they are right in line with kids their age though! CUTE pictures!

Anonymous said...

When I was little, just learning to talk, my Mom had me hold my tongue and say, "I slit a sheet, a sheet I slit, and now on the slitted sheet I sit." Try it! It's fun! Lol. ;-)
James

Dani said...

hahahahaha! Jim you're funny, that last word holding my tongue's a doosey!