CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Gab Gab Beach

Gab Gab Beach
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com

Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures

Monday, January 19, 2009

Okay, it's been a few days since I've put something up. So we went to a pool party yesterday at "Mi Amiga" Glenda's house. Her husband works with Sylvin on the same ship. They're from Puerto Rico, so it's been nice having some other Caribbean flavor here to share with. Not to mention all the new recipes I've been learning.
WE all got together for the heck of it, cause we can and it's beautiful outside this time of year. Not to mention they have an amazing view. It was fun hanging out, taking dips in the pool and watching the girls slowly, ever so slowly open up to strangers and the new environment. Eve never once got in the pool. Way too many kids I think for her liking. Sy finally warmed up to the idea and would let me take her in, but didn't want to get too far from me while in there. Eve stuck with Papi most the day and me with Sy. That's how they usually square off. They didn't take naps yesterday and were good anyway but we came home right after dinner time and they went straight to bed.
I've been worried about them talking. I know they say words and they talk, but they don't talk like others their age. Not to mention how painfully shy they are. So I called and they're undergoing a speech evaluation this week. This will only be a screening and if they find cause then they'll move onto a full evaluation and possible treatment. Which might mean preschool already and some other set aside treatment. Which would thrill and scare me all the same time. I'm overstepping myself, so I'll slow down until I know for sure.
They also start ballet/tap lessons this coming Wednesday. Another spouse that serves on the same ship as Sylvin is a dance instructor and she's giving lessons through the MWR (morale welfare and recreation for those outta the loop) program here on base. I can't wait to see them in a tutu and point shoes. They even do a little recital at the end of the classes. So cute. I'll make sure I get some video of them. They're destined to be dancers like their cousins and Auntie Shakyma "Ah-seam-ah", as Evie says. It's going to be a busy week. Hope you all are happy and healthy and have a good week as well. Love from us to you all.
PS. Martin Luther King Day brings alot to mind for me these days. I invite you to reflect on how your heritage/race has affected your life?
If your perplexed by that question then you have your answer.

0 comments: