CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Gab Gab Beach

Gab Gab Beach
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com

Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Graduation from Initiation





Yeah! It's finally done. Sylvin got his Graduation day/ceremony yesterday and is now a very proud "initiatied Chief" In the Coast Guard you have a choice to be either initiated or not. I guess Navy Chiefs don't have a choice. But anyway, this was something Sylvin wanted to do and be a part of. It's been a very long month but now it's over and we got to celebrate last night. The Chief's mess gave all the initatied Chief's an appreciation dinner. It was held at the Pacific Island Club in Tumon. The touristy part of town. Very nice hotel and it was a nice dinner. There were Chiefs, Senior and Master Chiefs there along with some Officers as well to help celebrate. They even recoginized the spouses with an official certificate. During the ceremony Chief TJ (I don't want to use last names here), (Sylvin's sponser, and they served together on the Reliance) and I got to pin Sylvin's initiated anchors on him. The video is of that event.
We got to sit down and mingle with alot of the people there. Met some nice folks. We even met a lady that actually grew up down the road from Sylvin's best friend Ron in Puerto Rico. I guess Ron has been telling her about us and she's been asking around about us and we finally ran into her last night. Her name is Silga. Her husband is in the CG too. Just goes to show you how small the CG really is. It's a great honor to be a part of something so important. I'm very proud of Sylvin. Oh, there was even a lady there that writes for the Stars and Stripes and she loves submitting stories related to the CG, she took a quote from Sylvin and myself. We'll see it it gets accepted or not.
On a lighter note, Syani has learned how to take off her diapers all by herself. I walked in to check on them the other night and stepped right in the middle of the squishy discarded diaper on the floor. I looked in Sy's crib and no baby.....I started to freak until I spotted both of them in Eve's crib. Sy had no pants or diaper on....and Eve had pants but no shirt on! Sy had CLIMBED over the end of her crib into Eve's. UT OH, you say, yeah...me too! The next night Sy again ripped off her diaper, and was crying so I ran in as fast as I could to find her sitting on the floor next to their cribs. I'm flipping out and calmed her down. Put her diaper back on and put her back in the crib, but put down two big fluffy comforters next to to their cribs in case she climbed out again. Well needless to say she hasn't tried that again. I'm hoping it scared her enough to not do it again. But she's still ripping her diapers off. So I got out the "500 mile a hour tape". Duct tape is the coolest invention EVER! We'll see how long that will outsmart her. Gonna have to potty train them and get em into toddler beds soon. My babies are growing up!
Love to you all.
As soon as I get some photos together I'll post an album to photbucket of the Graduation. So check back for them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sylvin! What an awesome achievement. You look very sharp in your uniform. Dani you look fabulous in your outfit too! I love ceremonies that are short and sweet and contain lots of laughter and smiles. Recognition and families are what it is all about! We are proud of you guys. Give the girls hugs for us.
Love James and Debbie

Dani said...

Thanks Jim. I bet you and Deb are pretty snazzy in your uniforms as well! Hugs delievered, smooches returned.
Thanks again. You two are awesome. When ya coming to Guam?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sylvan. What a great video. Thanks for sharing that. That is so cool that you hooked up with Silga. Wow, what are the odds?! Thanks so much for your posts and keeping in touch. We love every one of them!!
Am LOL @ the 500 mph tape. As you say, they are getting big. You are gonna need 800 mph tape soon.
We think about you alot Dani. I don't, but Toni does know what it's like bringing up two girls and she says it will be the most amazing, difficult, loving, exasperating thing you will ever do. Just enjoy every moment because they grow up so fast.

Anonymous said...

Sylvin, Congratulations and Thank You for what you do, daily. Keep up the great work, and come home safe to your babies and wonderful, amazing wife. Even though she duct tapes the diapers on. I'm crying I'm laughing so hard about that one. Stop getting advice from my mom on parenting Dani, remember, she used to put me in direct sunlight to try to get me to sleep because it made me close my eyes. NOT RECOMMENDED OR ENDORSED BY THE VICTIM by the way P.S. lower the crib and they can't get out. Love you all, Brett and the rest of the Colorado clan

Jacquie said...

I just looked at the comments on this blog. I thought I die laughing at Bretts!! I have never heard of trying to put a kid to sleep by putting them in bright sunlight!!
Is that true??
If it is listen to Bett!! LOL