Well, along with banana trees, we have a plethora of banana spiders. These guys are ferocious! At least they look pretty frightening. Look at the mandibles on this thing. I actually seen it catch a fly and spin it into a tasty snack in seconds flat! The web is amazing. I don't have the heart to tear it down or shoo the spider out it's home over my garbage container outside. I must say it's picked a brilliant spot, over the garbage where all the flies are bound to gather. Maybe it's got a larger than average sized spider brain too. It's one humongous spider!
My friend Tabitha and her family finally arrived on island. We met on an internet site I frequent and found one another. She used to live her almost 3 years ago, and now is back for 5 more years. So we've been talking and emailing one another back and forth and we just seem to click super well. She's sweet and she's got two young kids. A son 3, and a daughter just a few months older than the girls. Cute kids and a nice husband too. I think he and Sylvin will find alot in common.
I watched the kids for them today so they could do some running around trying to get housing and such squared away. We had fun, but whew, having 4 kids in the house.....well, let me just say I was pooped by the end of the day. I don't remember going to the bathroom all day until I was getting the girls ready for their bath! And I never did get to eat today either. I think I might have found my new diet plan....but doubt I'll be able to stick to it!
I've also been hanging out with my next door neighbor Cara and her 3 girls too. She's got a 7 year old, 3 year old and a 13 month old. They've got a ton of toys at their house so the girls and I go over there and I turn the girls loose and me and Cara talk a blue streak while consuming coffee. I never thought I'd enjoy drinking coffee so much!
Even though I miss Sylvin a TON! I'm so thankful I'm able to stay home with these two and be Mommy to them. They are so much fun and they're so sweet. I enjoy playing with them, reading to them and making them laugh.
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
A new tenant
Posted by Dani at 4:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
That spider is awesome! I'm glad you didn't shoo it away. Spiders are a good thing. I agree the spider is smart to camp out over your garbage bin. I'm so glad you and the girls have local friends you can hang out with. If your friend has been there before, she can give you advice on places to go.
James
Post a Comment