CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Gab Gab Beach

Gab Gab Beach
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com

Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween in Guam





(Sy's in white and Eve's in black t-shirts)

Well, not sure if the girls really knew what was going on, but I don't think they seemed to mind staying up late and getting fed candy! I opted out on buying them costumes this year, I thought it would be way too hot in a costume, so I got them little T-shirts instead. I figure by next year they'll really be excited about it and we'll dress them up then if they'd like to sweat that badly. I can't recall a Halloween ever where I've donned shorts, flip flops and a tank top in 80 degree weather. Most of the trick or treating I remember was pretty chilly and you were grateful for warm bulky costumes and the condesation that collected in your mask cause it kept your nose from falling off! The girls and I went with our neighbors Cara and Rick. They have three girls, 7,3 and 1 year so we kinda fit. Cara and I have been hanging out a bit at her house while we chat and all the girls play. Anyway, we walked all over the Lockwood, our immediate neighborhood. The girls were content riding in their wagon and collecting candy and compliments. They were facinated with a borrowed flashlight that looked like a witch and when you turned it on, her mouth opened with the light coming out as she cackled. Probably took us close to an hour and a half, start to finish and so then we came home and did our bedtime routine. They pretty much went to sleep straight away. Stinkers.....I'm gonna be in for it next year when they're running around the neighborhood dragging me from house to house. Rick, the girls next door dad, had his middle one by the end of our trick or treating carrying her on his shoulders cause she was tired of walking along with her big horde of candy, plus a flashlight and an umbrella, in case it rained...poor guy looked like a pack mule. That'll be Sylvin next year hopefully if he's home. We missed him but he's never that far off in our hearts. Just keep your fingers crossed he'll be home in time for the holidays.
love to you all, enjoy your cold halloweens.....bbboooohhhhahhhahahha!

0 comments: