CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Gab Gab Beach

Gab Gab Beach
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com

Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Our trek to California



Well, we finally made it out onto the open road. We took off from Michigan late Saturday afternoon, made it to my dad's to say goodbye. And we had gotten there so late we decided to stay for the night. Dad's lake was just happening to have the fireworks display out on the lake so dad piled us all onto the boat and we went to watch them. It was a great display. The girls were so tired from all the goings on and drive they didn't even complain over the noise or the late hour. We got up fairly early Sunday, had breakfast with dad and packed up the car once again to head west. We made it to Grand Island, Nebraska by 11pm Sunday night and stayed there next to the Platte River. I had always thought Nebraska was a flat very boring state. It was very long, but not as ugly as I had once imagined. It must have been the bad memories I had of it in 1983 when I had gotten car sick across Nebraska that left a bad taste for me. We got up early Monday morning around 5am, the girls slept good and were excellent for the long car ride Sunday. We fed them, packed the car once more and pottied the dogs for another 6 hour ride to my brother Brett's house in Laporte, Co. We made it here in good time. Spent an evening with Brett, Megan and Jaime and Megan took us to the Old Town fountain in Ft. Collins. We visited a cool toy store and got tasty smoothies. We're taking the dogs to the vet for their health checks this afternoon in CO and then we're headed west once again this evening til we can't go anymore. Hopefully by Wednesday evening or early Thursday we'll have made it to California.
It's been a beautiful car ride and the girls have been better than expected. I'm so glad we got to see the fireworks at dad's and see Brett, Megan and Jaime.
I'm excited to get over the Rockies and see what lies on the other side. I've never been west of them. Sylvin's been pretty impressed with Colorado so far. All the rivers and eco friendly mindset have him feeling at home. i bet once he sees the rest of it we'll have put it on the list as a place to retire to.
Well, we'll keep you updated when we've got an internet connection.
Love to you all.

0 comments: