Well, we're hitting single digits here in Michigan. Only a few more days left. Sylvin's been working his backside off and it's a shame we're going to have to leave the house in someone else's care now that it's finally looking so lovely.
I can hardly believe we're moving still. We just got settled in here. The girls are getting bigger and not requiring 24 hour care like they were last year. We've had a chance to get some much needed home improvement projects completed around here, and the house is finally feeling like home. So is military life I guess. I keep telling myself we signed up for this, knew it was a possibility when we got here we could go at any time. Just thought the likelihood was slim. WRONG! Same for Guam. If Sylvin puts in for his Warrant Officer and they approve him, we HAVE to go where they want him too, if he declines, then he forgoes his promotion. So who knows when we'll be able to come back to this neck of the woods.
The movers are coming Wednesday and Thursday to pack up our stuff we're sending to Guam and we're headed out Friday after the house is cleaned up. Hopefully we'll get to stop off in Colorado to see Brett, Megan and James on the way out to California. We hope to be in L.A. on July 4th. Shipping the car off on the 6th and catching our flight the 8th. I'm nervous about handing the dogs over to complete strangers, but it's all under quarantine policy and we have to, if we want them to come with us.
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
We're Michigan shortimers!
Posted by Dani at 2:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
The yard looks great! You did a nice job of straightening up the place. Now as long as the renters take good care of it eh? yeah!
So you are off to the big blue yonder? Nope, I don't think my money bag has enough in it, nor my butt enough patients to sit through the plane ride there. This certainly should cure your fears of plane rides! I would love to fly the friendly skies, but I'm sure most of the movies would be boring and the girls? LOL be thankful you aren't taking little Elmer Fudd.
Just remember how lucky you are to chase the stars around our beautiful plant Earth. 3 years are not long and yes, maybe again you will score lucky and get to go somewhere else that most of us would NEVER Dream of. I'm totally jealous!
You can still call good ol' Auntie while doing your dishes. You know I am up all hours day and night so will I even notice? I will just think I dreamt I was on some beach basking in the sand while you rinse each dish. LOL
Love you all! I will pray for safe trip/ this means Dani won't be sick the entire ride and might enjoy some of it. Girls will charm each passenger there and Sylvin won't talk to his food outloud to the amazement of onlookers.
P.S. Make sure you don't have an Autumn with you. You know she LOVES planes!
Post a Comment