
Entry for June 14, 2007
Hello Everyone,
Well, looks like I'm only averaging maybe but once a month when it comes to blogging an entry. Something better than nada I say..... Thanks for checking in with me anyway.
We had a good time in Stx. Didn't get sunburned, thank God. But I'm sporting a pretty good farmer's tan! Can't tell if I'm wearing capris. Sweet. I got ring and bracelet tan lines. The girls enjoyed the beach finally on trip number three. They were pretty freaked out by the waves and all the sand to begin with. The picture above was taken at Salt River. Historically speaking, this is where Columbus landed when he discovered the Islands. I suppose only fitting that this would be their first experience of a beach. It's also Sylvin's favorite beach.... It's on the North side of the island about half way, it's kinda in a bay area. You'd think with it being protected, it wouldn't be rough, but it was. The waves were relentless and the beach was littered with "bush" or seaweed. We sat on the edge and let the girls get used to the water but didn't really stay long. Our second trip was to the West end of the island close to Sprat Hall beach. When we pulled up there were a group of tourists on horseback limin'. It was cool to see them all. We chased them off and then had the beach to ourselves. The girls seemed interested this time around. We got them to sit and play in the surf, which wasn't much. It was fairly calm over on that side. No "bush" either, which was nice. Just light tan sand and turquoise blue blue water. The sun was getting ready to set and it was perfect. The girls got brave enough to splash around some and we walked them in waist deep so they could float around. Eve even at one point pushed away from Sylvin as if to say, "Let me go, I got this! I'm a natural Papi." Needless to say that very next day we went and bought them life jackets just in case one did get away. We took them to Cane Bay the last trip to the beach and had a blast with them both. It's on the West end too. One of the world's coolest places to dive! We didn't of course. But one day maybe ....
It was a good trip all in all. Hopefully the next time we visit we'll be staying in our own house with our own car. That will be a nice feeling. We visited our piece of land and they've improved the roads leading up and over the mountain our land is on. Still a better ride for a Jeep, but accessible nonetheless. I can't wait til we can call it home one of these days. OH! On a side note; it took us 25 mins of waiting in the line for drive thru at McDonalds for ONE Quarter Pounder Value Meal!!!! It is Stx we're talking about here. Sylvin about had a stroke being patient....and he grew up here.
The plane rides were a challenge. The return trip from St. Croix was a nightmare, but we made it. Let's just say we started out at 10 am in St. Croix and didn't get home and in bed til 4am that next morning! The courier service is finally dropping off our last piece of luggage late tonight..... That's all I'm gonna say about that.
Hope you are enjoying our adventures, please feel free to comment to let us know you were here to visit!
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures
Thursday, June 14, 2007
First trips to the beaches of STX
Posted by Dani at 7:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
~Auntie~ was here!!! and hopefully Auntie will get the chance someday to run with the girls on thoses beaches also... Aren't they so adorable in their little swimsuits? :) Love ya wet sloppy kisses on both girls cheeks from Auntie
Hi Guys,
Shammy checking in. You know I love to see pictures of my nieces. The girls miss their cousins already. Well, I know you are probably in the mix of getting ready for Guam, but I hope that plane ride is better than the one from St. Croix. Take Care!
Love,
Auntie Shammy, Keshaundia, Keshyra, and Keosha.
Hello Auntie and Auntie Shammy!
great to see you both here. Thanks for leaving a comment.
The girls had such a good time with thier cousins and Aunties....ALL of them! We miss you all already too. It was so nice being there. No place like St. Croix.
Post a Comment