CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Gab Gab Beach

Gab Gab Beach
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com

Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Papi's Home Yippee!


Sylvin took the above picture the day he got home. We put the girls down for a nap and when he went in to wake them up from it this is how he found Eve. Little stinker, I've never seen her do this before or since... Not sure what happened but it made for a very cute picture.

Sylvin came home just this Sunday past. Me, Sy and Eve went to the ship to meet him. I had told the girls the night before when we got up in the morning we'd get ready and go get Papi. MISTAKE! They were up at 1:30, 2am, 3am, 3:30, 4:15 and finally I got pretty upset and yelled at them to STAY in bed and GO to sleep!!!!! They slept til 7am and that's the most uninterrupted sleep I got all night.
When they finally did get to see Sylvin, Eve took to him right away, Sy was still looking down the hall and around the corner for him and then once she spotted him didn't really want anything to do with him right away. We went into his stateroom on the ship and the first thing both of them did was crawl up into his bunk and play with his hats that he has stored in his headboard. Reminds me of when I used to go to dad's work and play in his desk. I'm glad they're so comfortable on the ship. They were buggin me all week to go and "eat on the ship".
Sy did warm up to him once he got home. Sylvin got out his ukulele and was playing it for them, she got up and was sitting in his lap listening.
The other day Sylvin brought home a new file cabinet, because we out grew the little plastic box we had. He left the box out in the living room for the girls to play with. I had went into the kitchen to fix dinner and Sylvin was out with the girls in the living room playing with them and the box. He had them climbing in and pretending there was a hurricane blowing with wind and rain coming down. He was telling them to close the door. So he and Sy and exchanging dialog about the weather and the door, (the box flaps) and then Sylvin started saying..."Knock knock" and he'd say "Who is it?" trying to prompt Syani. Sy would say, "I'm Sy Sy." Sylvin was trying to teach her to say "who is it" after he knocked but she just kept saying "I'm Sy Sy." Then I heard Sylvin say, "Knock Knock...Sy say, who's there?" Sy piped up a bit and says "I said I'm Sy Sy I said!" Sylvin and I busted out laughing. Guess if you didn't get it you'd have the be there, but it was pretty funny. The things they say anymore. Sylvin was so surprised at how much and what they talk about.
Nice having him home. Only a couple more long patrols and we're done here. Not officially short timers until about Dec/Jan but we're starting to have conversations that start with, "Well, this is the last time we'll see this while being here......."
We even went and put some money down on buying a brand new minivan. Never thought I'd see the day when ME/I would be excited about that!!! But I can hardly wait. We'll have it delivered when we get to California and drive it to wherever we're off to next.
The video below is Sy on the left, Eve on the right tickling one another until Eve catches me taping them and then they both tell me to "Put it away!" Don't understand why they don't like the camera anymore.?

love to you all and miss you much.

0 comments: