Happy Easter! We had a good Easter Sunday. Went to church, afterward there was an easter egg hunt and the girls did pretty well. We came home and then later a lot of the spouses from the ship came over to our house for a pot luck and easter egg hunt here. We had such a nice time.
Sylvin's been gone for a week now and seems like we've all been going non stop. This past week has been spring break so everyone has had activities geared toward the kids. We went to a workshop sponsored by Underwater World. The girls made photo frames with recycled materials for free. Then we ventured down to McDonalds in Tumon and after lunch walked through the mall and ended up at Hagen Daz for ice cream. The girls were so good and having a blast. We even encounter a guy who was making balloon characters and the girls got flower bracelets made for them. All of which were broken in a matter of 20 mins, but they had fun watching them being made and receiving them anyway. We were supposed to go to the beach on Tuesday, but the girls saw fit to empty a whole tube of diaper cream all over their carpet in both their rooms. We didn't do ANYTHING fun that day besides scrub the floor with Dawn dishwashing liquid and then went back over the spot with a steam cleaner. The verdict?....Carpet in their room is ruined, I can't got the spots completely up but it looks alot better then when I first discovered it.
The girls am lucky I'm a sweet mommmy cause I ended up taking them to the beach on Thursday with Mehan and Kelsey. We took food and made a picnic out of the visit. We made the trip to Ritidan Beach again. So beautifully breathtaking. It's the kind of beach you have to pinch yourself cause you just can't believe you're there. I got burnt to a crisp. Too busy putting sunscreen on the girls I guess. The girls warmed up to the idea of playing in the sand, but never once got close to the water. I think the waves way out freak them out.
Friday we went to see a movie. Coraline. It sucked. Saturday was laid back and then that brings us back around to today.
I got to talk to Sylvin tonight. They finally reached their destination and now we can at least talk to him on a daily basis. Their internet had been down since they left so I've been unable to hear how he's doing. All is well now.
I gave you the really condensed version...hope you all are doing well and had a good Easter Sunday.
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures
Monday, April 13, 2009
Wow what a week!
Posted by Dani at 3:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment