Well, It came and went....and I inevitably turned 40! YIKeS. Everyone keeps asking if I feel any different, I have to say "no" at the moment. Adding the disclaimer; at this age...it could all go south in a heartbeat on any given day. QUICK from what I hear. So I'm praying for fair seas and good weather from here on out.
It was a great weekend. Friday night we went to the Coast Guard dinner for all the newly initiated Chief's. It was nice seeing everyone again and we got a chance to smooze, dress up and get a free meal! Saturday Sylvin surprised me by taking me out to a karaoke bar where I was even more surprised by friends being there.
It wasn't the way I had envisioned my 40th to play out, I had wanted to be in Vegas partying with my family and friends from home (you all know who you are!) and instead of a very LONG plane ride and spending way too MUCH money....I was blessed with a intimate crowd that cared enough to show up and support me today. I'm such a lucky girl. Blessed with a husband that adores me, children that are the apple of our eyes and now I feel I've made even a few more friends to add to the list of treasured ones I already possess. Life just keeps getting sweeter. My love from the bottom of my heart goes out to all of you.
Had to add this one....they steal a little more of my heart every day...if that's even possible! Sy on the Right, Eve cheesin on the Left
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
My 40th Birthday!
Posted by Dani at 3:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Glad you had a great birthday! Happy (late) birthday!!!!!!!!! The girls are adorable!
Post a Comment