The video is of dance class last week. In the video I'm outside of the classroom filming through a door window and talking to myself! Eve's got her skirt clear up under her arm pits in black and Sy's in pink. OH, at the end it's so cute....did you see the little girl kiss Sy? Dance class is going well. They talk bout it all week. They're still pretty shy but have gotten a lot better since the first time they went. I took them to the pool the other day and they both by the end were in the water by themselves and playing with the other kids there. Shocking I know!
Geeze, I had a 'blonde' moment the other night. It was after dinner I had just got the girls laid down and I walked out to the kitchen and smelled smoke. Of course I'm here by myself. Sylvin had duty that night on the ship so I called him and cut the poor guy off that answered the phone. "Good eve---" "I need Chief QUICK! It's his wife" He got on the phone and I told him what was going on and asked him what I should do. It smelled electrical and I thought it might be the stove or hood over it. (The thing always shorts out when I'm steaming veggies and have got the fan running) So he told me to go and shut off the breakers. OH OF COURSE! Duh. So I did and then I hung up with him and called the housing office to see if I could get someone to come out and take a look. I'm waiting and waiting for them to arrive and both girls are up again and crying cause they've taken simultaneous dumps! So I'm trying to clean them up and change them before the guys knocks on the door and I've got the dog barking his head off and a diaperless toddler on top the changing table. Thank goodness I was faster then they! I'd walked back out into the kitchen and I'm still smelling smoke pretty badly especially in like one corner. As I was finishing cleaning up from dinner in the kitchen I went to clean the counter over by the dishwasher and noticed the smell was super bad there. So for some unknown, I opened the dishwasher door and about passed out! P! U! I found my "fire." One of my little turkies switched the energy saving option off and turned on the 'heated dry' mode. One of the sippy cups lids had escaped and fell down below the bottom rack and was sitting on top of the coil used to heat dry the dishes. Needless to say it was half gone! Took me almost 3 hours to get the smoke outta the house and still days later and a few batches of dishes when you open the dishwasher you can still smell it. So that's what's been up here. Sylvin's still home. Visibility is down and so I haven't been able to dive lately. We're thinking about dropping the kids off on Friday afternoon and going since Sylvin's got the day off.
Love to you all.
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
A blonde moment and I'm not even a natural!
Posted by Dani at 5:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Great Page Dani, Love all the Pics!
See ya later, Mehan
Post a Comment