CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Gab Gab Beach

Gab Gab Beach
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com

Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's Springtime, but been summer here all year!



AN UPDATE
It's been rocking and rolling here and we don't have the radio on!
Had an earthquake here on Monday night measuring at 5.2 and then again this morning. Here's the Pacific Daily News glip about it.

BREAKING NEWS: 7:15 a.m. -- Earthquake hits at 6:06 a.m.; preliminary measurement is 5.4 magnitude

7:15 a.m. — Guam experienced an earthquake with a magnitude of 5.4, according to preliminary reports, at 6:06 a.m.

U.S. Geological Survey geophysist Paul Hattori said the preliminary reports have the earthquake taking place about 15 miles northeast of Hagåtña, and at a depth of 39 miles.

When asked if the quake could cause any sort of tsunami, Hattori said it was too small.



SMALL!!!! It didn't feel that small. Big enough to wake me from a sound sleep at 6am! The house was rumbling and the bed was shaking. Freaky, I say!......
Bob better keep singing if he's going to convince me.


Well, my birthday came and went. It was nice, since it's the last one I'm ever having. We didn't do anything special really. Had a few friends over and grilled out. We just stayed close to home.
Easter Sunday was nice too. Praise God I'm saved! The girls hunted easter eggs on that we had made. That was fun to watch. They found them all of course and were looking so incredibly adorable in their dresses.
They've been stressing me with all the diaper removal at night. The duct tape isn't cutting it anymore, they've discovered how to shimmy outta their diapers instead of ripping them off. So I've caved and we're trying to potty train them. I spent most the day yesterday cleaning up after them....literally. I don't think they 'get it' quite yet. They get they're supposed to sit on the potty, but no one has acutally left a deposit yet! They end up making deposits in the middle of the living room floor instead on top my persian rug! I should have waited the get the fancy stuff after kids...oh well. They're painfully back in diapers today. I'll try again next week.....or the week after that possibly.
Love to you all. Gonna go get my turkies up and take them to the pool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been in two earthquakes. They are scary and exciting all at once. I'm glad you guys are OK. I don't envy your diaper problem, but when you mentioned the girls going to the pool I about spit my drink. I can't help but picture the Baby Ruth floating in the pool scene from Caddy Shack! Bum, bum, bum (hum Jaws music now...) Bum, bum, bum...Lol!
Cheers,
James

Dani said...

hahahahaha! I shoulda seen the correlation right off, but I guess I must be hanging out with toddlers too much!
To clarify and put your questioning mind at ease, I've invested in swim diapers. I already had an embarrassing incident with the babe ruth and pool. Nothing floated thank God, but oh what a mess!!!
You're so funny James! My sides hurt from your revelation.