Wow, we've had a day already. I dunno how much excitement the girls
got outta the day, but I got plenty. I was planning on going to church
so we headed that way. Got there and had to park in the ACE hardware
parking lot cause the one in front of the church was full. So when I got
out of the car I took the keys and put them in my diaper bag and as I
was getting out, I meant to grab the bag but ended up shutting the door
instead. I went around the back to open the hatch to get the stroller
and it was locked. Starting to panic, I went back around to the
drivers door and it was locked too. All the doors were locked with the girls
in the back and no A/C! I ran into ACE and called 911 for them to
come and unlock the car and get the girls out. The rescue fire department
came and they were able to get into the passenger door about 10 mins
after they got there. Geeze I was a mess honey. I was so scared. The
girls were fine...they were only sweating a little, but nothing
unusual. They were looking at us like we were all crazy. They checked them
over and waited for me to calm down. I'm so glad they were able to get them out fairly easily. They were talking about towing the car or breaking a window. In
the end they just used a flat head screwdriver and a long metal rod to
get the door open. They were able to pry the door open enough to get the
rod down in there and push the lock button to open the door. I don't
even know who I hugged in the end. I was just so happy the doors were
unlocked. It sucked. I'm exhausted. But glad it all turned out alright.
Needless to say I didn't even go to church. I went directly to Napa auto store to see if I could find a spare key magnetic thing for the car. Napa didn't have one so me and the girls braved the record grand opening crowd at Home Depot. They just opened a brand new store Nov 15th. Sylvin's so happy they finally got it done. I can't believe I even considered going but a little less than 5.00 later, I got a magnetic thingy and a spare key that'll open the door only. We're not having a repeat of today EVER! I'm suprised one of the fire guys didn't smack me and tell me to keep it together, I was this side of almost a little hysterical after they got the door opened.
Other than that, not a real exciting weekend. The neighbor's are having a Thanksgiving dinner and invited me over. So I think we'll be there for the later part of the day. Around 2pm, one of the guys Sylvin's works with wife is having a little get together for us spouses around 2pm. I think we're going to try to make that too. It'll be nice to see all the ladies from the ship. I'm going to miss everyone I love though this Turkey day, won't be the same that's for sure.
Love to you all
Dani,Eve and Sy
PS Eve is on the left, Sy is on the right.
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures
Monday, November 19, 2007
Two eggs over easy, not hard boiled
Posted by Dani at 1:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment