Breathing barely with all the cardboard fumes, but I am finally surfacing. I've got most of the boxes that were on the floor in the dining and living room unpacked or relocated. I've got the master bathroom pretty much done and working on the main still. I've got some of our clothes unpacked and hung up. There are a good many designated garage sale boxes being filled simultaneously. Those just might outnumber the boxes yet to be unpacked yet! Sylvin's partially to blame there...he's got ALOT of junk,(that is my opinion, he would call them tools) and he's got some nerve saying I do! At least most of my "junk" we both mutually use, ie, but then I'm under the impression most of the furniture is mine. Girls are good. They've had a blast rolling around on top of packing paper and helping mommy unpack when I really don't need any help. For the most part, I really can't believe how good they have been considering I feel so absent most of the day. They don't complain too loudly when I'm off schedule feeding them or around nap time when I've lost track of time. Eve is walking more and more each day, although she's still pretty unsteady. And Syani said "baby" as plain as day on Wednesday. They've taken a liking to one another lately and I'll sneak up on them playing together more and more. They giggle back and forth at one another, it's so cute to hear them. Still not sharing well, but it's a bridge to cross one of these days. Syani is a little homemaker, she will put her toys away or things back in a drawer or toss toys back into the tub. She'll steal the washcloth and try to wash the tray off on her highchair. She's still slow to smile or see humor in things quite as quickly as Eve does. Eve I'm afraid to say I think is going to have my sense of humor. I can already just look at her a certain way and she cracks up. It'a amazing to see how little genetics and merely influence play such a huge part in shaping them. Despite Eve being such a Daddy's girl and Sy my girl, I think Sy's going to be all too serious like her Papi. Not a bad thing, just two totally different ways of looking at life. Even if they are twins, it'll be interesting to watch. Sylvin's good. We've been able to talk on the phone this past week or so and even though he'd rather be home, I think he's getting to like Hawaii. He got around the the other side of Honolulu last weekend and likes the countryside much better. He's been able to go to the beach there quite a bit and says the water is "ice cold" keeping in mind this is a man from the Caribbean. He's not used to Hawaii's mid 70 something climate, doesn't heat the water up to his standards. Says it feels like St. Croix in December. I think the water in Dec is quite amazing, again... my opinion. Well once again, I'm up way too late and should be heading off to bed. I hope you all have a good week and thanks for the emails you've been sending. They help so much, kinda breaks up the monotony around here. Love you all!
Sylvin's from the Virgin Islands and I'm from Indiana. We met in St. Croix in 2000 when I was on contract there as a nurse. It all started there on a beautiful sandy beach....then lots of moves and an eventful adoption of our twin girls..Esyanne and Evelisse in 2006. We feel our greatest milestone yet!
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
We've come to a semi cirlce,.....hence the sandy beaches....This site is all about our adventures in Guam and archives of our first year in Michigan together. Me, Syani, Eve and Sylvin too! We're so very very blessed!
Please feel free to leave a comment at the end of a post. I enjoy the feedback and it lets me know you've been here. Or if you prefer email, send me some at guam.usvigirl@gmail.com
Esyanne & Evelisse growing up in pictures
Monday, September 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment